Picture of Can you describe a typical day in your role?

Can you describe a typical day in your role?

2 responses

Anonymous asked a question to HMRC

Category: Day to Day

Date asked: Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Last reviewed: Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Christopher W.

PT Operations Advisor

A typical day for me is taking between 30 and 35 calls from customers and answering their questions about their tax affairs. These questions can vary from a simple question about changing a job and needing a new tax code, to more complicated questions about allowances or deductions from a tax code. A really good thing though is there is always guidance to follow and it helps you to answers the questions and get the right solution for the customer.

Friday, June 24, 2022

Simon D.

Change Management Lead

It varies from day to day - I have standard meetings I have to attend daily to keep in touch with my Senior Leadership Team and my Change and Release Management team who I have overall responsibility for where we discuss any issues or what each of us is planning that day. Then depending on occurrence of incidents which affect Change I will be focused on managing the overall team checking in with my managers and strategic direction of the team including managing risks, updating departmental goals, attending meetings related to Change and Release Management as required, showcasing and discussing Change and Release Management at all levels including up to Director General level.

Tuesday, October 18, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?