Picture of What kind of skills do you need in order to work here?

What kind of skills do you need in order to work here?

Picture of Edward
4 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Edward

Category: Work experience

Date asked: Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Last reviewed: Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Picture of Edward

Edward

Complaints Manager-Officer

It really depends on the role you are applying for. Training is given, however certain competences are required for certain roles. Details of these can be found on the gov.uk website and searching for Civil Service Competency framework.

Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Guy D.

Business Analyst

Aside from the on-the-job knowledge needed to navigate any technical role, I've gained a great deal of understanding about data handling/manipulation and the systems needed to do it. I'm also in a team that is managing dozens of delivery projects at any time, so my skills in time, team and third party management have had to expand quickly from previous roles, where I was just on one or two projects at a time.

Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Picture of Edward

Edward

Complaints Manager-Officer

At HMRC we maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns support making a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to all. The experience and skills needed varies depending on the role you wish to apply for. There is more information on the Civil Service Job website https://civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/

Friday, March 10, 2023

Picture of Airat

Airat

HO Compliance Officer

The experience and skills needed varies depending on the role you are applying for, however there are some general skills that comes in handy such as strong communication skills, Attention to details, Resilient, Focused and eager to learn.

Monday, March 20, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?