Picture of Could you offer insight into CDIO areas where softdev is applicable. I'm looking into job shadowing an area in CDIO.

Could you offer insight into CDIO areas where softdev is applicable. I'm looking into job shadowing an area in CDIO.

Picture of Carys
1 response

Additional information

For more context I'm a hobbyist programmer who graduated from Northcoders developer bootcamp (predominantly JS/TS but also dabbled in Python on my own projects) in 2019 but took a role HMRC before I finished the course. I enjoy working on both front-end (React, HTML, CSS) as well as back-end (Node.js, Express, Postgresql, Knex) but haven't got any real working experience of either so being able to shadow roles to see which I could pursue would be hugely beneficial.

Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Daniel C. asked a question to Carys W.

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Thursday, January 4, 2024

Last reviewed: Thursday, January 4, 2024

Picture of Carys W.

Carys W.

Data Engineer

I came through the DPS academy so I was lucky to be placed within a team with active developers to gain the experience needed as an Associate Engineer. I'm part of the wider DPS team - Data Platform Services - so I'd say that would be the place to start to enquire about shadowing opportunities, the hub sharepoint is https://hmrc.sharepoint.com/sites/COM148406449?e=1%3A1e0f7fc84aa14f31acb00d98b19eb021. Specifically, working in the different PODs - these are product orientated delivery functions for different technical areas. The platform POD would be a good place to start for more the devOps side of things, with the other PODs working with Platform on the infra for their projects.

Thursday, January 4, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?