Picture of Complaints Investigator

Complaints Investigator

Picture of Abbey
Picture of Robina
3 responses

Additional information

There is a job advertised under complaints investigator hmrc cardiff can someone please provide a summary of the day to day duties and if the role is heavily based on telephony

Anonymous asked a question to Customer Services

Category: General

Date asked: Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Last reviewed: Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Picture of Abbey

Abbey

Debt Management Complaints manager

The role will depend on which department the complaints team is with. My role is complaints investigator within Debt Management. The telephony aspect of my role changes day to day. We have a phone line which is manned by everyone on the team, but it isn't usually busy. We take a complaint file, investigate and make a decision. The customer may request a call response, if they do we make this the primary way of contact for that customer complaint. But another customer may wish to have the response by another means.

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Picture of Robina

Robina

CSG Advisor

The complaints department that sits within the customer service group would investigate a customer complaint regarding any aspect relating to service or process. Your job will be to investigate the customer concerns against HMRC’s policy and guidance and determine whether the complaint will be upheld or not upheld based on your investigations. We have a useful tool kit that we can use to help guide us through complaints procedures.

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Picture of Edward

Edward

Complaints Manager-Officer

I am complaint investigator in Debt Management. I deal with mainly written complaints and those referred by the helplines. I investigate the customers complaint fully against our guidance and procedures. This can involve looking at various systems and seeking contributions from other areas of HMRC where you need advise on an aspect of the complaint which you are not familiar. I respond in writing, email or telephone. As a complaint investigator you take ownership of the complaint and use guidance and often your own judgement to resolve the case.

Thursday, February 2, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?