Picture of Hi Lesley, I want to ask how easy was it for you to transition from working as a personal tax PAYE to HR. Thank you

Hi Lesley, I want to ask how easy was it for you to transition from working as a personal tax PAYE to HR. Thank you

Picture of Lesley
2 responses
Start new discussionBrowse other categories

TOYIN REBECCA O. asked a question to Lesley

Category: Internal career mobility

Date asked: Friday, June 28, 2024

Last reviewed: Friday, July 5, 2024

Picture of Lesley

Lesley

Business Management Unit Higher Officer

Hello! So I had a background as a diary secretary before I was on the PAYE helpline which I think helped with my customer services skills. To move to HR though was a bit of a shift. I started with workforce planning which I think of it as the 'back office' to the delivery teams - its got some transferrable skills such as problem solving and analysis although you do have more time to think rather than being on the PAYE helpline with customers. Your customers are now internal rather than external but its still the same level of service. A basic level of excel helps too as we use lots of spreadsheets though there is a shift to more analytical tools through Microsoft 365, but you get training.

Wednesday, July 3, 2024

TOYIN REBECCA O.

It's lovely to hear all these. A place like HMRC where there's training and development. I believe with open mind one can attain any height .

Friday, July 5, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?