Picture of What are the company's values in your own opinion?

What are the company's values in your own opinion?

1 response

Anonymous asked a question to HMRC

Category: Culture

Date asked: Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Last reviewed: Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Charlie N.

Assistant Intelligence Officer

Hi there, thank you for your question. I would say that the values of the company are primarily honesty, integrity, and being proactive. You should always be honest - whether that's about making and owning mistakes and learning from them, or when it comes to security vetting - honesty and taking responsibility goes a long way and it is noticed by everyone. Everyone makes mistakes, it's taking ownership and learning from them that develops you as a person, and an employee, and builds trust and respect. If you try to avoid a problem, or brush a mistake under the rug, it will usually be noticed sooner or later. Regarding proactivity, a piece of advice I always give is as follows: if you are stuck with a problem, before you ask for help, try to think of an idea of how to solve it that you can pitch. You don't have to know for sure, but it looks great when you can show you have put thought into how to solve an issue before you ask for help. Even if your solution doesn't quite work, or is completely wrong, it shows that you have put thought into it. Let me know if there is anything else you would like to know! I'll be happy to help.

Wednesday, March 29, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?