Picture of Please describe the most enjoyable aspects of your day-to-day role?

Please describe the most enjoyable aspects of your day-to-day role?

Picture of Abbey
3 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Abbey

Category: Day to Day

Date asked: Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Last reviewed: Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Picture of Abbey

Abbey

Debt Management Complaints manager

The most enjoyable part of my day is being able to talk to my colleagues and people I haven’t seen for a while due to Covid. Working at home during Covid could be difficult, not being able to speak to a colleague or ask a quick question face to face. Now we are back to normality, it's lovely being able to discuss your case and get another perspective quickly and easily. The end goal of my job is to resolve complaints. There is nothing like resolving a complaint and the customer being happy. When they thank you for helping them, it really is a good feeling. Most people who complain just want their issues sorted and it’s nice to be able to do that.

Thursday, June 16, 2022

Christopher W.

PT Operations Advisor

The most enjoyable part of my day is helping the customer resolve their PAYE tax issues and concerns over the phone. It is always great when a customer ends a call by saying thank you for all you have done to help me today that for me is the most enjoyable part of my day.

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Charlene T.

Team Leader

The most enjoyable aspect of my day to day role is that I feel that I am really making a difference to people's lives. There has long been negative connotations when it comes to HMRC and for anyone that has to get in touch and deal with us, but every day, in the way we interact with people and the way we handle calls, we are changing that impression of HMRC. Some people call and are worried sick about having debt with us, also, some are angry and don't understand, but by treating everyone with respect and dignity and showing them we are here to help them, we can make a real difference to their lives. The last thing we want to do is put them into financial difficulty, but we still have a job to do so by being clear, honest and empathetic, we can come to an agreement whilst changing opinions also.

Friday, July 22, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?