Picture of Hi sam, would you be able to describe a typical day in your role as customer advisor?

Hi sam, would you be able to describe a typical day in your role as customer advisor?

Picture of Sam
4 responses
Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Anonymous asked a question to Sam

Category: Day to Day

Date asked: Monday, January 15, 2024

Last reviewed: Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Picture of Sam

Sam

Customer Service Advisor

I am based in the Debt Management department. I spend my first 10- 15 mins opening all of my systems, checking emails etc. Then start receiving work, depending on how busy we are this could be taking calls, doing admin work on items of post that taxpayers/companies have sent us, or looking at records that need either clerical work or require an outbound phone call. I take my lunch when I want. 4 days a week we have group meeting with our team leaders, usually just for notices/announcements, but once a week we do a quiz. I personally usually work between 8:30 & 4:30, but this is also flexible depending on the rest of my day. About 3 days a month we have to do "late shifts" but we book these in for when we are available. This means we work until there are no more callers waiting to be answered after the queues close at 6pm. Sometimes this can be 6:02pm, but when we're busy it can be closer to 7pm.

Monday, January 15, 2024

Maria Rose C.

Hi Sam, I am Maria from northern Ireland,firstly i am very inspired and highly motivated your words in profile as custom service advisor. Thankyou very much from bottom of heart. I have some doubt could you please clarify it. I am workings as bank 5 registered nurse for years,on Feb 2024 I had accident and injured my right foot and went through Grade 4 archillies tendon ruptures surgery and physio rehabilitation and chronic pain nerve damage treatment till present. With limitations I was thinking a job role in work from home,as I have family to take care. I applied customer service advisor hmrc and had passed customer service skills test civil service..next level to application form. I am little worried whether I can get work from home...I don't whom should enquire.. Can you kindly guide me on this matter please. Thankyou Sam. God bless,All the best.

Friday, September 6, 2024

Picture of Sam

Sam

Customer Service Advisor

I would advise you mention to someone in the application process that you would need to be a contractual home worker.

Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Picture of Bal

Bal

Social Media Support Officer

You would need to contact the vacancy holder to discuss details will be on the advert. Currently our Customer Services role are advertised as hybrid working with a minimum of 3 days office attendance.

Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?